Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I own a Jenn-Air 30" Electric Wall Oven. The bake/broil functions

I own a Jenn-Air 30" Electric Wall Oven. The bake/broil functions show 'feature not available-feature disabled'. Many attempts to reset according to manual and stove guide help pad have been unsuccessful including resetting household electrical circuit breaker.

Would appreciate any assistance you can provide at your earliest opportunity.

Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the unit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Model JGC9536ADS Serial 10551362GR

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
THe model number you given me is for a cooktop not an oven?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Model Number JGC9430 - 30" model

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
I don't know where you are getting these model numbers? This is also a cooktop and not a builtin oven
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

We have searched diligently for the model number for the Jen-Air 30' Electric Wall Oven. It is not provided in the 'Use & Care Guide', neither is it affixed to the installed Unit. We are perplexed!

I can advise that it does NOT have a Convect Pad function on this unit. Also on the "caution" notice on the door to the oven the number at the bottom of the notice is 8114P955-60

I hope this information is helpful.

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
the number located on caution notice is a part number for the notice, on some of these Jenn Air ranges you have to pull the unit out of the wall about 3 inches to see it if it is not located anywhere around the door frame..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The Unit is encased and secured in my Kitchen Cabinetry installed by a professional. Unable to be pulled out by purchaser. Is there any other option.

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
Anthony,
The problem is that your main control is bad and will need to be replaced, the unit is going to have to be pulled out to replace it, I was hoping to be able to give the part number needed to get the part, however it seems you will need to hire a repair person to come out to pull the unit out, get the part number and then replace it...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech