Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

Age & dimensions of this stove top

Age & dimensions of this stove top
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

May I have the model number from the appliance please? If it is a cooktop look in the bottom inside a cabinet.

If it is a range the model will be in one of the locations outlined below.

Thanks,
Barry
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I forgot that. KGCP467JSS05

I have that file at the shop. I am on my way there now and will post that info for you as soon as I arrive.

thanks,

b

Download the file below. The second page is the age finder and if you look at the bottom you will see the example M=2002. Not quite clear until you do it like this. M=2002, N=2003, O=2004 etc. in that manner to get the year. The rest of that part is self explanatory.

Then scroll to page 6. That is the start of the dimensions you asked about. There are 3 documents there that I combined to be sure that you would have all of the information you would want. Be sure that when you get to the French language part to keep scrollling. There is another English document after that.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FILE.

Please ask if you have questions and if not then please leave a rating for me.

Thank you,
Barry

I just noticed that you may not have been able to view the file. If that has happened please accept my sincere apology. It was a complete accident and I am very sorry. Try the link below. That should do it.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FILE.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, does it mean the manufacture date is 2002 or 2005?

The manufacture year is the 3rd letter of the serial number. The example that the graph shows is the letter M for 2002. The next letter would be N for 2003 and O would be for 2004 etc. I needed the model number to get the file. If you would like to send the serial number I can give you the date, the date of manufacture is encoded into the serial number.

Thanks,

Barry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have the serial #, can we guess from the model #?

Give me a little time and let me see what I can do.

Thank you,
Barry

I was hoping that there would be at least a series that would show the years of manufacture but there are none. The only thing I could find available is the age finder tool at the Whirlpool website (they make Kitchenaid). You type in the serial number and then it gives the age. There just is not any way to do it available with any kind of accuracy at all. To give a date without the serial or a date given by anyone would be a complete guess. It would not be fair to you because of that fact. I even tried to get a date from the document of when that was produced so I could at least give you a no older than date and even that information is not given. I am sorry, I just cannot do it without the serial number. I tried everything I could think of.

Thanks,
Barry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, thanks. I will see if I can get the Serial #.

Great I could nail it down quick for you with that. I did not realize you didn't have it when I put together that file for you. I was thinking that you did and sent the file to you with the thought in mind that you could use it in the future, it never entered my mind that you may not have it.

Thanks,
Barry