Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Yes, model # XXXXX XXXXX Series 08 Serial 307463

Customer Question

Yes, model # XXXXX XXXXX Series 08 Serial 307463 (Maytag dryer)

Thank you. Excuse the break, but Sunday's life took over! /AJB
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

IS THE UNIT GAS OR ELECTRIC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unit is electric

You may have a burned out heater. You need to remove the center dived panel and access panel behind it to get at the heater in the heater tube. You should unplug the unit and then set your ohm meter to continuity and check across the two main heater lugs that are attached to the heater tube. They have a white porcelain spacer on them so you know you are testing across the correct ones. If the meter shows it is open as if you have the meter leads not touching then the heater is bad. If you touch the meter leads together the meter should beep and show 0 ohms. If you check across those two heater leads and that happens the heater is good and you may have a different issue. If you do not have a meter this will be difficult to say 100% since you need a ohm/volt meter to really figure it out.
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help. we are seniors and cannot repair it even with your good instructions. we must call a technician. /AJB

My husband just said we do not have an ohm meter.

OK I am sorry to hear that. This machine is a the best stackable ever built so it will be worth repairing and should not cost a ton to get fixed. All I ask is please rate my assistance and have a great Labor Day!