Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag washer MAF1300AAW. Had problems with wash cycles changing

Customer Question

Maytag washer MAF1300AAW. Had problems with wash cycles changing or starting on their own. Error code 2 came up frequently - but no problems with draining detected. The door is closed and the display says "Door still open."

No known leaks or other mechanical problems. When it runs, it runs fine, but now it won't run because it keeps telling us that the door is still open when it's clearly closed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

This is a very common issue the most likely issue is a bad main control board. The door latches rarely go bad. What happens is the board does not read the door latch as being closed and never signals the unit to start. It was likely going bad when it started displaying the 2 error. This is very common. You can check the door latch with a meter if you are capable, but I would just replace the main CCU control board.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm happy to rate the advice after I determine that you're right. I've ordered the part and will replace the control board. If that's the problem, I'm very grateful.

Ok no problem just get back to me thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The board was not the problem. I spent $1t65, it just came today after waiting for a month, I installed it, and the same error message came up, "Door still open."

Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I’m Gina a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Gina~Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not going to waste any more time and money trying to fix the washer. Please close the question. Do I receive my $60 back?