Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

our front loading wash machine was 6 minutes into the delicate

our front loading wash machine was 6 minutes into the delicate cycle when I heard a popping noise and the washer went dead. The circuit breaker was thrown, so I reset it, and the washer remained inoperative. I unplugged the machine, waited the five minutes recommended in the troubleshooting section, replugged the machine and it came back to life. It made the same noises that it makes at the end of a wash cycle then stopped. The display shows 36 and has flashed non-stop since. The door remains locked shut and the add a garment light remains lit as well. Nothing else works.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Typically when that happens you have burned out a transistor on the Motor control Board. You need to remove the top cover on the unit. You should see the main Central Control Board on the right hand side or in the center back. Find the 3 blue wire M13 connector on the board(they are labeled on the board). Unplug it and try and start the machine. See if the door trys to unlock or relock and see what error code is displayed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to post your rating, so here it is. I give you a 4 on the 1-5 scale. Please let me know if I need to post this somewhere else.
Thank you,
Thanks Jim...there should be a rating box with this post