Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Hi, I have a JGSP28SEK2SS gas range oven and Im having spark

Hi, I have a JGSP28SEK2SS gas range oven and I'm having spark is going constantly for one burner. I'm trying to get the stove top off, but have not had success. Can you help me get the top off and troubleshoot the issue? Thank you.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

If the burner is constantly sparking all the time the burner switch is stuck on for that burner. The burner switch is located behind the burner knob behind the trim. You will have to remove the top to get at it. Remove the burners then you have to take all 3 screws out around the burners. Often these get corroded so you may end up drilling a couple out. Once that is off the top will come off. The switches come complete as a harness assembly. Here is the part number WB18T10343
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info. One of the screws was stripped and I tried to drill it out and the bit broke. Ugh. Excellent service. Thank you.