Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a ge micro wave no heat Mod#PEB2060SM1SS.It runs. I

I have a ge micro wave no heat Mod#PEB2060SM1SS.It runs.
I have 120 to the trans former.Capacitor checks ok
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the capacitor checks good and you have 120 volts getting to the transformer, unfortunately you have a bad magnetron. There is no way to test and make sure the magnetron is good, the magnetron would just need to be ordered and replaced if everything else checks good. The magnetron is about $100 so it's not a cheap part at all Im' afraid, but below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for magnetron

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I took off the connection to the magtube,then started the m/w.how many volts should I be getting?

You can't test that. It's way too high and there are surges sent from the capacitor. If you try to test, you will short out any meter around.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was getting 2.8 volts when I Stuck my probes in the plug that connects into the mag tube with the unit turned on.Those wires seemed to be connected to the transformer.Can you look at the scematics?

Yes they are connected to the transformer, but the voltage should be so high that you can' test it. If you're only getting 2.8 volts then you have a bad transformer. It's rare to have a magnetron that fails without smoking, I have only seen 1 or 2 ever that fail without creating lots of smoke, but if you only get 2.8 volts, then you need to replace the magnetron.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You mean the transformer.When I ohm'ed the front windings I got 200ohms the scamatics say 510ohms as normal.

Aye that is correct. Sorry, yes I meant to say that the transformer rarely fails without smoking. But if your windings aren't the correct resistance, than that would explain why it's not sending the proper power to the magnetron.