Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My washing machine locked up (not only the door, the controls

My washing machine locked up (not only the door, the controls are locked up)
It was working and I noticed flashing M, F, H - I tried pushing the Pause/Cancel button, but it didn't work. I unplugged it for 10-15 minutes and tried again but nothing changes.
Any idea how to fix the problem? Thank you!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this error means that the washer thinks there is an issue with the water coming into the washer, but that really isn't likely to be the case because the controls are locked up and the door won't open and that doesn't coincide with the water not filling. If your door happens to be locked (this happens sometimes with this error), start by unplugging the washer. Next, remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel.  The panel will then pull straight down and off.  Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly.  This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.

Now plug the washer back in and if the error code won't go away and the controls are still locked up--you need to order and replace the interface control board because it has failed.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!