Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag EPIC washing machine front loader after washing

I have a Maytag EPIC washing machine front loader after washing a load went to check the progress and found it flashing the number 2 and then it flashed the letter F back and forth So I hit the off button the controls then shut down. I turned the knob to drain and spin and hit the power button no more flashing and hit the hold to start button and the control locked light came on and that's where it stands right now nothing work's have you a solution for this. Thank you
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So error F2 means that your washer isn't draining properly.  There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error.  To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so.  Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel.  The lower front panel will then pull down and off.  There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor.  This is your drain cap.  Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch.  Be careful when you unscrew the cap because some water will come out even though the unit is tipped backwards.  Also, make sure to have lots of towels ready or a wet vac if you happen to have one.  If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.  If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!