Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE A MAYTAG DISHWASHER MODEL # XXXXX IKNOW THERE

I HAVE A MAYTAG DISHWASHER MODEL # XXXXX IKNOW THERE IS POWER NO LIGHTS COME ON AND DOES NOT OPERATE. IT WAS INTERMITTANTLY WORKING FOR A WHILE. HAD A NEW BOARD PUT IN ABOUT A YEAR AGO.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

First, there are no reset buttons or anything that you can just push to get the dishwasher working again. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is the best place to buy the control board.

You can order it from the link I gave you in my previous post or you can order it from another appliance parts place. Repairclinic will give you a refund though if the part ends up not being the problem.