Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Before ordering the ThermoKit, the dryer would tumble. Now

Before ordering the ThermoKit, the dryer would tumble.
Now I have had the ThermoKit replaced, the dryer comes on, but the motor will not come on. I have electricty running into the dryer I was shocked...
but the motor, will not run now?
Can you please tell where to look or what to do now?
When the part was replaced everything was replaced correctly.
Thank you Teresa in NC
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There are only two things that would stop the motor from coming out but would still allow the dryer to come on and act like it's running. Those two things are the control board itself or if the dryer thinks the belt broke at some point. I'm not sure what could've happened with you replaced your Thermokit, but there is a switch next to the motor that has a plastic push button on it. You will need to try and push this button either direction until it clicks to see if that will reset the switch. If that works then the dryer will start functioning properly again, if it doesn't then you'll need a new control board. That is of course assuming that the belt did not break for one reason or another. If the belt is broken then it will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX button didn't work. But where is the control board, and would it be cheaper to buy a new dryer or the cb?

The control board is the entire control panel on the front of your dryer. The part generally costs about $250 and you can order it at if you enter in your full model number.