Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hello, I own AMANA dishwasher Model No: ADB1600AWD1. What

Customer Question

I own AMANA dishwasher Model No: ADB1600AWD1.

What happened is that I moved the dishwasher to clean the floor and after I returned it back it doesn't work anymore.
The power is on and the water is connected.

What I see on the control panel that the "normal wash" light is "on" the "Hi Temp wash" light is "on" and the "Start Resume" light is on. But the dishwasher doesn't start...

What is the problem? Is it possible that I'm having this problem because the dishwasher is not leveled? Please help me so the dishwasher will start working again.

Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Whether the dishwasher is level or not it has no bearing on whether the dishwasher will work or not. What happens when you push the start button? does it begin to flash? Does anything happen when you push the start button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, when I push the start button it began to flash.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This means that your dishwasher thinks that your door is not shut. Open the door and make sure that the striker at the top of the tub is bent down so that it barely slides over the inner door liner when you shut the door. This will ensure that the door switch is making a good contact. Other than that I guess I'm not sure how the door latch would have failed when you moved the dishwasher, but the door latch assembly would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where can I buy this door latch? I am at Miami Florida

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You will need the door latch switch. Follow the link below and it will take you to a place you buy the part.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I will check and will keep you posted.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, good luck.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?