Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have GE wr55x10025 fridge. Temp is staying up/down at freezer

I have GE wr55x10025 fridge. Temp is staying up/down at freezer box temp at 22 the lowest I had at one point was 14, AND THE VEGETABLE BOX AT about 48. the highest was at 57. I HAVE SO FAR SWAPPED THE FOLLOWING items, since I have two fridge the same model I swapped the circuit board in the back, changed the compressor relay, run capacitor, cleaned of the grills where the fan blows for cooling, I was going to swap the overload unit, but havent done it. One person told me to put a moist wet rag on the compresor, which i did. Do you recommed to go ahead change the overload unit? looking on line my next thing maybe the temp sensor. What do think
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So is the compressor actually cutting out? Or what makes you believe that the overload relay is the problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, im using a guessing mode, I work at a casino on slot machines this is what I do is swapped parts until I find the faulty part. not all the time some we have direct answers. So is the reason I started swapping, but so far the things I swapped were all good. About the overload relay. Unk reason just it is a unit next to the compressor. I believe right now the compresor is operating cause the external feel of the compressor is hot but about the same heat as the good fridge. the temp sensor is also a guess. just ive read online articles.

OK so unless the compressor is blazing hot or the compressor shuts off, the overload relay is not a problem.

The first thing you need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Is the fan above the silver coils running? What does the frost look like on the silver coils exactly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Give me a minute Ill remove the back panal to freezer, Note the fan is turning. present temp 15 frzr, veg 40

ok. good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

removed the back panal. the coils is clean, only one pipe vertically had some ice, but gone so quick by a half of a cup of water. right now the the visual look of the coils are clean and shiny. whats next?

The fact that the coils are not lightly frosted from top to bottom would explain why you're having a cooling issue. You need to confirm that your compressor is actually running and not turning on for 5 seconds and then shutting off every couple of minutes. Pull the fridge forward and listen closely for a few minutes and it will be easy to detect whether or not the compressor is shutting on and off. If it's turning on and off you'll need to replace the overload relay. If the compressor is running continuously you will need to have a technician come out and check the freon pressure. Because you either have a freon leak or an inefficient compressor. Neither of these issues you can fix yourself because you must be licensed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm back, I went down to swapp the overload relay, but was tripping out because both fridge dont work when I swapped the overlaod unit. right now the original overload units are in their original fridge. the problem fridge freezer temp. is now 44 freezer veg 47. the good fridge freezer 0 veg 37.

OK so you still either have a bad overload relay as I said, oR you have a freon leak / bad compressor still. The possibilities will not change. The only one you can fix is the overload relay. So if you replace the relay and that doesn't fix your problem---it's time to call a technician out to check the freon pressure.