Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Jenn-air stove model# XXXXX It was all working

I have a Jenn-air stove model# XXXXX It was all working fine when "all of a sudden" according to my wife it cut out while she was using the "bread proofing." I initially thought it had simply thrown a breaker, but that's not the case. Unit still has power, as the cook top elec. ignite still works fine. However front display remains blank and not working. Is there a fuse maybe that is shot or...? Any help on this is GREATLY appreciated. Beau
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately there are no cut outs or fuses that will stop the display from illumenating. If your cooktop still works, then you know the oven is getting power which unfortunately means that your display board itself has failed and would need to be replaced. There isn't much you can do but to order and replace this part fo fix the problem. The part costs about $250 or so normally.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for speedy response.Is there anything more I can try before ordering this part? Is there a common reason for this part to fail? Is there a component within the display board itself that I can replace for cheaper?

Unfortunately no individual components on the display board are sold separately nor would anyone be able to tell you which part to replace on the board. The entire display board would need to be replaced. I wouldn't call this a common problem, but I definitely see it happen probably 50 times a year or so. There is really nothing you can try other than to flip the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work then you need a new display board. There is no getting around it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I was afraid that might be the case. Do you have or know where I can find this part (or part number) and where the best place to order it from?

There are two listed for this model, so you'll need to contact and see which one you need for your unit. They don't say what the difference is. Either way, below is a link to the 2 control board.