Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Roper range is displaying this in the timer area: F1 E2

My Roper range is displaying this in the timer area: F1 E2 It flashes and beeps and we can clear it by pressing the clock button, but it will do it then several times throughout the day. What do we do?
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Do you have a model number so I can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay thanks. the issue is the control unfortunately. Oven Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View the clock / control has developed a fatal error. in other words the clock has failed. sorry for the bad news. The real bad news is the control is no longer available. you can get this rebuilt if you wish thats up to you. heres a link to a place that rebuilds them, they may have a rebuilt one in stock also.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can we disconnect the beeping mechanism? If yes which wire?

unfortunately no its part of the electronics, And if you disconnect the clock all together then you will have no bake or broil, the top will still work however,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any way to disconnect the beeping mechanism at all?

yes if you disconnect the whole clock. Like I said however this will leave you with no oven. pull the stove out and unplug it, then remove the back panel that covers the control part of the range, when you get that off pull the plugs off the clock . graphicthis will stop the beeping

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what do the two arrows mean? are these the plugs you referenced above? There's absolutely NO way to do this without losing the oven?

the arrows are where the plugs are. unfortunately theres no way without loosing the oven as I mentioned before its all one piece and the beeper is part of the control. sorry .