Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Have a kitchenaid dishwasher kudd230b0. Opened the door in

Have a kitchenaid dishwasher kudd230b0. Opened the door in the middle of the cycle to put another dish in, now it will not restart. Checked the breaker and the outer door interlock switch(it has continuity). What could be the problem?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Does the control panel appear to have no power?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could be, when you restart the dishwasher...nothing happens. I am not sure how to test the control panel for power.

so none of the lights will come on when you press the buttons, no lights are blinking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there are no lights on the front of this dishwasher

Let me look up the model number Chaly, Can you give me a minute?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no problem

Ok Charly, you have a older model with the timer, The problem is either going to be a voltage issue or the timer has a bad contact on it, verify you have voltage to the door interlock, if you see 120v to the interlock then you have a bad timer, if you don't see voltage then you have a wiring issue maybe a broken or damaged wire at the base of the door where the wire bundle enters the door.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.