Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag MVWX700XW0 stopped at 8 minutes, most of the water was

Customer Question

Maytag MVWX700XW0 stopped at 8 minutes, most of the water was out, believe it had gone through the rinse cycle as there was no soap, but the clothes weren't spun dry. We can't get the machine to cycle through any stages.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you try to start a cycle, does the lid light or sensing light start to flash?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

No

OK so what happens when you try to start a cycle exactly?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

The lid locks, I get a start light, it says it is 'sensing' - but no action.

OK perfect. This is a common issue where the actuator fails and the lid will lock and unlock but since the actuator won't go to the correct position it stops the washer from advancing so it will not start to fill with water and it keeps waiting and sensing. The actuator motor is located below the tub. To access this part, you need to unplug the washer, tip the washer backwards, and remove the 2 screws going into the plastic cover near the back left corner. That will allow you to access the motor and the actuator to the right of the motor. Remove the screws going into the actuator and replace the actuator. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace and there is a video that shows you how to replace the part in the link as well.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

O.K. - we'll give that a try. It's going to be awhile - as we have to fly to Tucson from Maine Wed ref sick mother-in-law.

OK, well either way, you know what you're looking at now. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I certainly can rate your timely replies - but as to whether that solves my problem - only replacement will tell.

Aye, you can always change it later.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I checked the actuator best I could - unplugged connection - replugged it in. This time the washer did go into a 'cycle' but only for short period each time. I've ordered a replacement actuator, which will probably arrive while I'm away. (I'm not too intimidated by this sort of thing as I used to repair electro-mechnical radar equipment when in the Navy years ago) - Will replace it sometime around the 13th after I return from Tucson. Thanks much - will get back to you then.

OK sounds great. Good luck to you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I replaced the actuator. Same problem.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
OK you would really need to pull up an error code to see what might be causing the issue then. So I just want to start by saying if I was in your house, I'd go through diagnostics and see what error code you're getting, but I've tried to explain how to do this to many people and for some reason they just can't get the sequence to work.

Now, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics.  Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated.  Push START. The status lights will flash on and off.

Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs.

Fault/error codes are displayed by alternating the state of the Status LEDs in one-second intervals. All fault/error codes have an F# and an E#. The F# indicates “Type of Fault” and the E# indicates “Component system where fault is located.”
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Note*
There is no 'Done' LED on this model. (Are we discussing the Samsung MVWX700XW) here??

There are more that six knob selections - where does one start and end? There are 13.

Are you sure you gave me the right model? There is only one knob on the model you gave me and LED lights along the bottom. The done light is the light after the spin LED below the knob toward the bottom of your control panel.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I see I mistakenly wrote Maytag at the beginning of this thread, but with the Samsung model number. So my fault. Wife insists we now call a repairman.

The model number you gave me is a Maytag... so I guess I'm not sure where the confusion is? But if this is a Samsung unit, then you will want to call a repairman unfortunately.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

My mistake - it IS a Maytag - I wrote a note on our Samsung refrigerator manual she handed me.

The LED readout is to the right of the dial

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Correction - Left of the dial

OK perfect. So on your unit when you get it into diagnostics it will show CL on the display. That's how you know you've entered diagnostics.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

But at what position do I start the selector knob sequence?

Remember that there are 13 positions.

It doesn't matter one bit.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK - Will try it again....

ok good luck
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I get all the way to the end of the sequence when the "End Signal" LED is lit - (there is no Done LED) - after I push 'Start' I get two flashing lights. When I turn the dial one 'click' no error codes are displayed.

Wife says to save it for Repair Services.

OK so you're not getting an error them I'm afraid. It's really hard to guess what might be doing on without an error at this point so I would agree that you likely need a technician to come look it over.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

10-4. We just got back to Maine at 0200 hrs from Tucson putting her mother into an assisted living complex. Clothes going to laundromat.....

I'm really sorry and wish I could help you more, but without an error code and being there, my best guess would be possibly the lid switch is bad and doesn't think the lid is shut so it won't start a cycle.