Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool front load washing machine. It stop working

I have a whirlpool front load washing machine. It stop working and the time keeps flashing. Then instead of the time it started flashing the numbers 07 and the the letter F. What does this mean?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So F07 is a very straight forward error and unfortunately it's not a good error. F07 means that your motor control board isn't reading the tachometer on your motor correctly when it tries to turn the motor.  First, just open the door and spin the drum to make sure the inner basket spin smoothly.  If so, you'll need to remove the lower front panel and make sure all the wire connections are secure to the motor control board (MCU) and if everything looks good, the MCU will need to be ordered and replaced.  The MCU generally costs about $200 for the part, but it only takes about 20 minutes to replace so if you're handy, you can definitely replace this part yourself.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!