Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

whirlpool quit partnerIII mod GU1100XTLB1 have 4 options buttons

Customer Question

whirlpool quit partnerIII mod GU1100XTLB1 have 4 options buttons soak and scour , hi-temp scour , sani rinse and air dry blinking light how do i reset it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you can *TRY* to reset the flashing lights, but these flashing lights mean that your touchpad has shorted and most likely you'll need to order and replace the touchpad to fix this problem. The part number you'd need to order for the touchpad is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

As for resetting the electronics, here is what you can try. Press "high temp scour, air dry, High temp scour, air dry, high temp scour, air dry, high temp scour, air dry, high temp scour"

All the lights normally will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board. Most likely the light will not flash because the touchpad is bad, but you can still try it.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did reset with the sequence You gave me, but ti didnt work. The china crystal button keep flashing. It never stop flashing and when a do the reset procedure the normal cycle light stars blinking too . What else can I do
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately if the china crystal button keeps flashing, that's a shorted touchpad. That would be why the reset doesn't work. You'd need to replace the entire touch control panel to fix this issue. This is what I had advised from the beginning.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.