Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Our Kenmore Top Load Washer series 800 is not working properly.

Our Kenmore Top Load Washer series 800 is not working properly. When you set the Control Cycle knob to start a normal load it agitates instead of filling up with water rinses instead of stopping the load etc. We've tried turning the dial until it properly lines back up again but it's not working.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the washing machine?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, 110-29822801

This is a common problem with your model, The load sensing switch that has a hose connected to it is bad, takes about 10 minutes to replace. I actually carry 3 of these on my truck because of the problem you have. Replace it and it will work like new for you again, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your washing machine.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Temperature switch W10248240 Main Product View

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so this is not a blow in a tube or unplug to reset problem? no quick fix? like I said the last time this happened the tech gave me the solution over the phone.

The odds of you having something stuck inside the pressure hose is real slim, I think I only seen that one time where that fixed it. 99% of the time it is a bad switch causing it..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bummer. so after I get this part am I going to be able to replace it myself? Is there a instructional video out there to see how to change it out. Should I have just called a repair man to come out?

And, what about that tech on the phone that had me unplug turn the dial this way and that to get it to work??? how did that happen to work???

That is not going to work what the person you spoke to before, Once you open up the control panel, it is just unplugging the old wire and hose onto the new one, very quick to do, I am in out of the house in 15 minutes

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, but you are an expert.

Will Lowe's have the part? I'd like to try this today, I have a bunch of laundry to do...

So it will take you 15 more minutes, here is instructions on opening the control panel, it shows several models, find the one that fits your model of control panel

Click here

You only need to get as far as opening the control panel of the machine..

As purchasing the part, no LOWES will not have this part, you need a parts house to buy it from...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, thanks. wish it could have been as simple as waving my hand over it.

I understand, however if you stand outside and face the west, jump up and down on one leg for 2 minutes, it could fix it... LOL