Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have A GE Profile side by side refrigerator freezer. The

I have A GE Profile side by side refrigerator freezer. The dispenser board will not light up. We have replaced the solenoid. It still will not light up. Do we need a new dispenser board?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So I'm assuming that solenoid looked like it melted down, is that why you replaced it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We replaced it because we thought it might fix the problem. The dispenser board still will not light up. Could it be the dispenser board is bad?

OK, that definitely wouldn't affect whether the dispenser board lights up or not just for future reference. DO you happen to have the model number so I can see what would cause the dispenser to be completely dead? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK so there are only 2 things that can cut out the dispenser completely, either the dispenser board or the main power control board on the back of the refrigerator behind and 8" x 10" sheet metal panel. I'd replace the dispenser board first since the dispenser is the only part being affected, but I'd order the part from because they allow you to return parts if you end up not needing them. The dispenser board is part number wr55x10415 and below is a link to order the part.

CLICK HERE for dispenser board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

No problem and I wish you only the best!