Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have my refrigerator that wasnt getting as cold as it should

I have my refrigerator that wasn't getting as cold as it should be. It took all night to freeze my ice cubes. Is something going? Frost build up? How can I get it running perfect again? Model number CTX21DABRRAA

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Is the back wall of the freezer covered in frost?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not at all

Can you hear the fan running inside the freezer compartment?

Do the fridge temps seem okay?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I don't hear a fan and it's not blowing out any air by the vents

It is what I thought, the fan motor is bad in the freezer, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your unit.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok now its blowing cold air again?

Was the back wall warm in the freezer when it started blowing again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Its cold

There is also a fan motor in the back of the unit , when you pull it away from the wall at the bottom, make sure that it is running and that the coils back there are not covered in lint and dust...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Everythings running just not getting cold enough

Steven,
If everything is running, them most likely your compressor is going bad, no other reasons that there can be.. This old unit it would cost over $500 to repair it, and you have to have a license to do it with.. If you want to repair it you can call A&E Factory Service at the following number 1.800.905.9505 as they are a authorized servicer for your model...

Steven,
I noticed that your question is still open, is there anything else I can do for you today?