Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands
41736587

I have a U-Line 75BEVSS and water is leaking out of the front

I have a U-Line 75BEVSS and water is leaking out of the front onto our wood floor. I've been placing small towels inside the unit to absorb the water, but I'm afraid it will ruin our floors.

Is there a drain pan that I need to empty? I don't know what's going on with it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is there water build up inside the refrigerator on the floor as well? Or you really can't see any water other than the floor that's getting on the hard wood floors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is a water build-up on the walls. It is usually icy, but when the unit goes into auto defrost, it melts then runs out onto the floor.

Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 1 year ago.
The Evaporator on this model is on the back wall .... if the build up is anywhere other than the back wall it has to be an air leak (door seal etc) causing warm air to get in, condensate and ice over. If you mean it's on the back wall, there is a drip pan under it to catch it. Can you be more specific as to where the ice droplets are? Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The water droplets are inside the unit - on the inside wall.

Then they melt when defrosting and run down onto the inside floor of the unit and out under the front door.

So .... it sounds like you're suggesting that I consider replacing the door seal - is that right?

That is correct if the drops are not on the evaporator. If the drops are on the evaporator (ONLY) then it's normal and just a clogged defrost drain (no parts just needs cleaning) I need you to specify where the drops are.
Experience: 7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands