Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

My Jenn-Air dual fuel ranges broiler wont come on. the rest

My Jenn-Air dual fuel range's broiler won't come on. the rest of the stove works just fine.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the range?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

JDS9860BDB although that S may be a 5

Thank you,
The bake works okay in the oven? Do you use the broil function much? DOes it allow you to turn on the broiler, but just won't heat up?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the bake is OK. although several months ago we had problems when we set the oven over 400 degrees the broiler would come on. That problem resolved itself when we unplugged and re-plugged it the stove. soon after that the broiler just stopped working completely. when you set it to broil there is just a humming sound but no heat at all.

Do you have the serial number of the unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is nothing written in the serial number section of the booklet, but the part number is XXXXX

If you remove the cover from the bottom where the down draft motor is, it just snaps on, the serial number will be stamped there.. THey made two different models of this and the serial number is XXXXX only thing that will tell me which one you have...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

took the front panel off the bottom of the stove and looked all over, nothing has a number on it. the inside of the oven door has a warning label and at the bottom of that there is the number: 8114P732-60 Oct 4, 2001

the only other numbers that we can find are on the papers that came with it. Part no. 8119P360-60 and 204754D.

Okay, just needed to be sure about it, The problem is going to be the control board, the relay located on the board that controls the broil function is not allowing it to heat up for you.. We can eliminate the Hi Limit thermostat since the bake function is working properly as they are both tied together so if the bake works it is okay.. The bad new is that the control board is very expensive, over $300 to purchase and is very difficult to install on these ranges. It takes me over an hour to do, with a lot of screws having to be taken out.. You can order the correct board for your unit by clicking on the blue link below..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Oven Control Board 8507P232-60     Main Product View

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory