Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

is kitchenaid a good brand for kitchen hood? my kitchen would

is kitchenaid a good brand for kitchen hood? my kitchen would smell bad after frying fish so i want to buy a new hood. the suction of my hood is not that strong. what is the good one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So yes. I actually think that as far as canopy hood go, Kitchen Aid is the best brand out there for reliability and performance. This is actually what I own in my house (I own a a 36" Kitchen Aid hood). As for second best, XXXXX XXXXX probably go with a Bosch or Broan hood. I would stay away from Zepher.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how about whirlpool? what is the best hz for hood?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by best "hz" for a hood? And Whirlpool makes a much cheaper version of a hood than Kitchen Aid, although they have a similar design since they are both made by Whirlpool. But I would go with Kitchen Aid if you have the extra money to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry to confuse you of "hz". i mean the power or suction of the hood.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That depends on the size of your hood. But for 30" hood you want over 600 cfm (cubic feet per minute) and for 36" hood you want over 900 cfm to have good suction.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

does height of the hood matter?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It does, but you just want to make sure it sits about 12-15 inches or so above your tallest pot you own. Most will align it with the bottom of your upper cabinets..
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.