Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Magic Chef Range oven burner will not light

Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

If the ignitor is glowing and the oven is not lighting replace the ignitor. The ignitor is likely not drawing enough current through the valve. It needs to draw 3.2-3.5 amps through the valve for the valve to open. The ignitors generally last 6-8 years and is the most common issue of why the unit will not light up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Am wondering if you received my other message? This site acting different than am used to. I want to know if there is a way to test ignitor with multitester ?

You need an amp meter to test the ignitor. A multimeter would just tell you if the element is good, but will not tell you if it is drawing enough current through the valve.