Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model number GU2800XTVQthat stopped

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model number GU2800XTVQthat stopped working. Initially there was some standing water at the bottom. I checked and cleaned the filter but there wasn't much there. I performed the reset sequence Sani Rinse Heated Dry. That resulted in the water draining out, but the machine would still not cycle through a wash properly. I also tried another reset sequence Heated Temp Wash Heated Dry, but that didn't get it to work either. Any other ideas?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Are there any lights flashing on the control panel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I forgot to post: the Clean light blinks x1 then again x6, then keeps repeating.

Ok Nadav hit the following buttons one at a time.

High temp wash

Heated dry

High temp wash

Heated dry

Then hit cancel and wait for the pump to stop running, Once the machine has reset try running a new cycle, If the unit reverts to the error then you have a problem with either the heater or the thermostat,,,something with the heat system.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.