Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Bosch next 500 series gas dryer that wont start.

Customer Question

I have a Bosch next 500 series gas dryer that won't start. No matter what the setting on the dial, the display shows 20 minutes. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

the control panel will not react to any settings you try to put it in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Whether I set extra dry, damp dry, 20 minute, 40 minute or 60 minute timed dry, the display reads ready in 20 minutes. When I press the start button, I hear a click but the light above the start button does not come on and the dryer does not start.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Can you give me the model number from the sticker around the door please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
WTMC3510UC/01/FD8503
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok since you have already tried to power down the unit sounds like to me this is a electronic failure, It's very likely the control board has failed and will need to be replaced, I'm sorry it's not what you likely wanted to hear but I cant see anything else causing this.

Take the model number to a local appliance parts supplier and order the control board, this is located under the top of the dryer.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For sure this is not what I wanted to hear. How do you remove the control
board out of the dryer?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
You would need to take the top off the machine, it should be right under the top.

Thanks!

Mike.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,