Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

whirlpool fridge....no ice is being made??

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Is the the model with the ice container in the door or the ice container inside the freezer? Is there a on/off switch on the right side of the freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is French doors...no on/off switch....ice maker is in the door

Ok can you reach up and feel inside the mold where the ice is made, need to know if you feel ice or if the mold is empty
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is empty.......there were a few cubes stuck...I removed them with a chopstick....

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I answered this???

Ok the problem here is going to be one of two, either the valve has failed or there is a blockage in the water line running from the valve to the ice maker.

The way to determine which is to pull the unit out from the wall, Remove the lower panel in the rear. Once off you will see the valve, Next trace the water line from the ice maker to the inlet valve, remove the water line from the inlet valve. Blow into the water line.

If you can blow air into the water line then the valve is bad and will need to be replaced.

If you cant blow air into the line then there is a blockage in the line, you would need to trace the blockage and thaw it with a hair dryer (normally in the fill tube running from the rear of the fridge to the ice maker)

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.