John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Help reprogramming maytag oven

Customer Question

Help reprogramming maytag oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look around inside the oven for a model/serial tag. May I have the model number please?

Thank you,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The door is locked It all began with me somehow inadvertently pushing the clean button and locking the door. I tried to cancel, but to my dismay, wasn't able to. So I unplugged the oven, thinking everything would turn off, and I would be back to normal.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Molly is the oven even a little warm now?

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no. after I unplugged the oven, it says CAL.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Molly let me look and see what I can find. It will take me a bit of time without a model number so please be patient.

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK...I will start a bath for my grandchildren.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Please take your time. I will be looking and I will be here for a few more hours.

Thank you,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i won't be up foe a few hours...what now? if i pull the oven

out, will that be helpful?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Know I have 3 pages it will not take me too long to get through them. Most of the ones I have that are on the list are refrigerators when I did my file search.

Is this a range or a built in oven?

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a range and about 5 years old. It is a cook top.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Okay I found one, so lets try this one.

Press the clock button. If it goes back to normal then great.

If it does not try pressing a temperature up or a down button once then press the clock button. Did that work?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Does your control have temperature up and down buttons for the oven or a knob?

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

buttons on the panel

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

Okay that is all of the files I have on hand. I cannot look at Maytag's site without the model. Perhaps another tech has files saved that are different from the ones that I have. I will relist your question Molly for everyone to respond to. As soon as someone can help you they will make a post. Thank you, Barry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello,My name is Bryan,I will be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.

does this have a bottom drawer ? its a free standing oven correct ? not a wall oven ? is so look in the drawer if it has one for the model number tag.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is free standing and has a bottom drawer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I know you cant open the door but can you check the rest of these places? for the model number tag.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MER5765RAB on back

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
perfect ! thanks, please stand by.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
can you try this ?

To reactivate the control, press and

hold

Cancel and Cook & Hold pads

for 3 seconds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay is this still saying CAL ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
there are several types of controls used in these ranges, try the different lockout controls.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry...nothing works

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay reading up on this have you unplugged this for at least 5 minutes since you tried the self clean ? Power off and on to reset
Calibration value out of range "CAL" in the time digits Completely disables oven 4
4 "Action Taken" applies until there is a POR (Power On Reset ["hard reset"]).