John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Help reprogramming maytag oven

Customer Question

Help reprogramming maytag oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look around inside the oven for a model/serial tag. May I have the model number please?

Thank you,
Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The door is locked It all began with me somehow inadvertently pushing the clean button and locking the door. I tried to cancel, but to my dismay, wasn't able to. So I unplugged the oven, thinking everything would turn off, and I would be back to normal.

Molly is the oven even a little warm now?

Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

no. after I unplugged the oven, it says CAL.

Molly let me look and see what I can find. It will take me a bit of time without a model number so please be patient.

Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

OK...I will start a bath for my grandchildren.

Please take your time. I will be looking and I will be here for a few more hours.

Thank you,
Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

i won't be up foe a few hours...what now? if i pull the oven

out, will that be helpful?

Know I have 3 pages it will not take me too long to get through them. Most of the ones I have that are on the list are refrigerators when I did my file search.

Is this a range or a built in oven?

Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It is a range and about 5 years old. It is a cook top.

Okay I found one, so lets try this one.

Press the clock button. If it goes back to normal then great.

If it does not try pressing a temperature up or a down button once then press the clock button. Did that work?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

no

Does your control have temperature up and down buttons for the oven or a knob?

Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

buttons on the panel

Okay that is all of the files I have on hand. I cannot look at Maytag's site without the model. Perhaps another tech has files saved that are different from the ones that I have. I will relist your question Molly for everyone to respond to. As soon as someone can help you they will make a post. Thank you, Barry

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Hello,My name is XXXXX,X XXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.

does this have a bottom drawer ? its a free standing oven correct ? not a wall oven ? is so look in the drawer if it has one for the model number tag.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

it is free standing and has a bottom drawer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay I know you cant open the door but can you check the rest of these places? for the model number tag.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

MER5765RAB on back

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
perfect ! thanks, please stand by.
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
can you try this ?

To reactivate the control, press and

hold

Cancel and Cook & Hold pads

for 3 seconds.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

nothing

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

okay is this still saying CAL ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
there are several types of controls used in these ranges, try the different lockout controls.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

sorry...nothing works

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay reading up on this have you unplugged this for at least 5 minutes since you tried the self clean ? Power off and on to reset
Calibration value out of range "CAL" in the time digits Completely disables oven 4
4 "Action Taken" applies until there is a POR (Power On Reset ["hard reset"]).