Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Danby dishwasher DDW611WLED and it doesnt work. It

I have a Danby dishwasher DDW611WLED and it doesn't work. It starts okay, but soon starts beeping and shows an E1 error. Can anyone advise? The light over Soak blinks at the same time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So E1 means that the dishwasher definitely think it's not getting enough water. So if the error is coming on after 30 seconds or so of starting the dishwasher, you need to make sure you have good water pressure getting to the dishwasher itself. If you have good water pressure but no water actually enters the dishwasher, then you need to replace your electronic water valve because it's not opening. If water isn't getting to the dishwasher but water gets to the faucet, try to reseat the connection with the water supply hose onto the faucet and if water still won't get to the dishwasher, you'll need to replace that fill hose assembly. Do do that, you'd need to contact Danby and ask for parts. Give them your model number and they can look up the parts you'd need.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Water is definitely getting into the dishwasher. The plates get wet and there's water in the bottom at the end. It just won't run through a full cycle. Could it be leaking too much from the faucet connection? Should it be none?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
So it shouldn't be leaking anything if it's all working properly, but leaking a little bit is really not that big of an issue since it's over a sink and doesn't really affect the pressure all that much. But if you're getting some water and just not enough, you either need an electronic water valve for not allowing enough water to get into the dishwasher, or the pressure is just reduced too much from the leaking and you'd need a new fill hose assembly.