Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our Kenmore refrigerator/freezer model XXXXXXXXXXX started

Our Kenmore refrigerator/freezer model XXXXXXXXXXX started making machine gun noises a week ago. Now the freezer compartment is not cold enough, the ice maker is not working an water will not freeze. As a woman, I'd like to have some sort of idea of what is wrong with the appliance before calling a technician and possibly be taken for a ride.

Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.

was the noise in the freezer ? do you hear a fan running in the freezer when you open the door ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The sound was from the freezer. We thought it was from the ice maker. I cannot see a fan. Where would it be located on this model?

the fan you cant see its behind the back panel in the freezer, you should however be able to hear it running when you open the freezer door .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry. No, I do not hear a fan running in either compartment.

okay , is there frost on the back panel in the freezer behind your food ?
it seems you fan has died, that's the noise you heard. Evaporator Fan Motor 4681JB1029A     Main Product Viewthis fan runs around $52.00 so if you have someone come out to repair this you have an idea how much it is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!!

your very welcome, have a great weekend ! and please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off, thanks, Bryan