Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

WM2455HW Hi, that is the model of my LG front loader washing

WM2455HW
Hi, that is the model of my LG front loader washing machine.
The panel looks fine, I just hear a humming sound from the motor,
the drum does not move a bit. I opened the back panel, nothing I can see from there. What else should I do? THANKS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Is the water drained out?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I dont really know, it seems heavy though, I just moved it out of its spot and unplug it

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Ok Phien, You have either got one of two things happening here, either the machine has not drained and wont drain causing the machine to default to a error condition or the motor has a problem.

I would check the drain filter to see if it is clogged, you can do this by opening the small door on the front and unscrewing the drain filter, pull it out then check it for debris, clean the drain filter out then try the machine again.

If you still have the same problem your motor is going to have a problem, This is a whole different kettle of fish when repairing since you will need a ohm/volt/amp meter when accurately diagnosing the problem.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

i took the drain filter out, there was nothing but water in there, no debris. But then the drum is running now. That's weird. If I reply to the text from my phone, will that go to you? If so, may I keep it? THANKS

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Yes absolutely :)

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Mike:

It's me, Phien, again. I tried to run thru a wash cycle.

It was stuck at the drain cycle and gave the error "OE".

I'm draining out some (sorta) hard water thru the drain filter.

The plan is to clean the drain pipe afterward.

Would you please send me the instruction to replace the

drain pump just in case please?

THANKS in advance,

Phien

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Yes check back in around 30 minutes, just heading back from a service call.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

THANKS, take your time.

I blew thru the drain pipe easily, it's more likely that we're having issue with the pump now.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Ok you would need to take the top off the machine, Next take the control panel off, this will reveal the screws for the door panel. Next disconnect the door seal by prying out the metal band around the door seal on the door lip. Open the small door on the front where the drain filter is and remove the screws from inside there. At this point you should be able to take the door panel off and gain access to the pump.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

THANKS, you're truly an expert.

I surely will keep this instruction to follow.

Phien

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Your welcome

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions :)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

You're probably gone to bed.

I leaned the machine against the wall and took

the pump out from the bottom, six screws and two plugs.

The pump looks good still, tested working strong.

Problem is the three edges on the rotating plate

were all broken and gone.

Ordered one from Amazon.

Thank YOU for leading me into the root,

Phien

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, I went out for a late dinner, will have to get back to you in the am.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Ok Phien Thanks!