Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My washer controls seem to be locked up. When I press power

My washer controls seem to be locked up. When I press power and start it comes up as a 4H on time cycle. It was set to normal and I had no problems until my brother in law did some work on the plug in used for it. It also shows fresh rinse light on, control lock on, 2nd rinse light and the red light for pause where you can add clothes. And it doesn't start up.
I think the number of it is W10484488A.
thanks
Roberta
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 10 months ago.
Hi Roberta, My name isXXXXX you for choosing our service.

Give this a try and if it works leave a rating for me. If not then please use the reply to expert button to post a reply and let me know that it did not work.

Press and hold for 3 to 8 seconds the end of cycle button. See if that does not clear it up and start back to normal again.

Thank you,
Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

There is no end of cycle button.

Thank you for looking Roberta, please open the door. Inside there should be a plate or a sticker with the model number on it. May I have the number from that sticker please? The number for the model that you have given is the use and care guide part number.

Thank you,
Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The door is locked.

Okay there are a few other techs here that know the front load Maytag models better than I do. Let me relist your question so that one of these people may help. As soon as one can respond they will.

Thank you,
Barry
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Can you recheck the model number ? its not coming up.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

where do I find it?

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
its inside the door. I'll bet the door is locked though right ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yep.

I found some model numbers on the front of the care guide.

how is YMHWE 201?

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay Give me a few minutes to bring up the info. please stand by .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

r u there?

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
yes sorry my computer crashed, bringing up the info now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
this is on a delay start . that's the hours before this will start the load. can you find the delay start button on the control and press and hold it until it goes to 0 ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Sorry I hadn't realized you had answered, anyway the 4 hour wait is over and it is starting. Perhaps I should let it go through and get back to you or whoever is on later if I have problems resetting then. I'll try the delay button 1st. Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
Okay great just let it run through and finish on its own, once its off you can open the door and when you shut the door it should be all set and reset.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.