Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

The gas on my Range is not flowing to the oven burner, how

The gas on my Range is not flowing to the oven burner, how do I fix it? Gas flows to the broil burner and the stove top.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The problem here is going to be the igniter, Take the floor out the oven then remove the flame spreader, you will see the igniter toward the rear of the burner. Set the oven for 350f then watch to see if the igniter glows.

If the igniter does not glow shut the power off then pull the igniter out and test it with a ohm meter, if as I suspect it reads open then it will need to be replaced.

If the igniter does glow then it's still bad, a good igniter will glow bright yellow to the point where you cant look at it, If the igniter glows yellow/orange it's bad.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so, is the igniter is not working the gas won't flow?

That is correct sir.