Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I removed the filter from my Maytag MDB9150AWW (MDB-1) dishwasher.

I removed the filter from my Maytag MDB9150AWW (MDB-1) dishwasher. Is there a way to open it to clean it or does it have to be replaced? Also, there is some standing water in bottom of dishwasher that you cannot see when everything is assembled. Is that normal? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sure. I should mention that the reason I took it apart was it is not cleaning well and the glasses are cloudy.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello, No there is no way to open up the filter, You could take it outside and use a hose on it to try cleaning it up, If you want to replace the filter click on the link below to order it.

It is very normal for there to be water inside the sump.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

If cleaning/replacing the filter does not improve the wash then likely you need to install a new impeller and seal kit.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Other than replacing the filter do you have any other suggestions?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I actually edited my answer posted previously after I saw your reply :)

I would clean the filter then if this does not clear the problem replace the impeller seal kit.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.