Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Hello I have a Dacor PCOR30S Micro/Convection Oven. Heat Element

Customer Question

Hello I have a Dacor PCOR30S Micro/Convection Oven. Heat Element Cooling Fan starts immediately when plugged in. Oven not working. MicroWave works, but the fan stays on. Service came out and diagnosed a 66660 replacement. That did not work. Any ideas? Out a service charge and possible a control unit. :( Sophia
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX i am an authorized Dacor service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

did the oven stop working either while in a self clean or bake cycle?

Jon :

it sounds like you could have blown the hi limiter.

Jon :

this could be an easy fix so please get back to me when you have a minute and I will explain what you can try to do.

Jon :

thanks.

Customer:

Thank you Jon. I am available XXX-XXX-XXXX it is 3:23 PST

Customer:

We can setup a specific time to talk over the phone if that works better. Let me know your availability. I live in the Pacific Time zone.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Sophia,

I am sorry but the phone number you listed above has been blocked by the website. Any personal info will be blocked by the website for security reasons. It just comes up as xxxxxxxxx. We will have to keep all communication to this chat. That is site policy.

However, we can most certainly set up some time if you would like, put a bunch of spaces in between the numbers of your phone number. and we will see if that goes through.to go over a few things. I can show you what to look for and how to check and fix this machine.

Just get back to me here with a day and time that works best for you. And I am in the Eastern Standard Time zone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. area 5 - 3 - 0 prefix seven zer0 8. One 6 seven one. I will be available Sunday between 10:00 - 4:00 PST ( 1:00-7:00 EST ) Let's see if the numbers come through for you. Thanks again. Sophia.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Sophia,

I am sorry but i have to keep all communication to this chat.

Please take a look at the thermostats in the microwave. Specifically the ones that are behind the control panel and the one by the magnetron and blower fan.

With a meter, if you have one, test each thermostat for continuity. If any one doesnt have continuity you will have to replace it. Now you should also check the door switches. I think you had mentioned that you had previously replaced one or all of these before. But I would like for you to check those as well.

Please do this and get back to me here and tell me what you find.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Jon. I need clarification on where the thermostat actually is. Is it attached to the motor on the outside of the fan (behind the control panel? shaped like a raised quarter?

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Sophia,

There are a few thermostats here on this machine so please don't get confused.

If your machine ha two problems, one not heating and two, fan constantly running then you will first have to look at all the door switches again. I would just replace them since they are so cheap. About $20 for all of them. There should be three of them.

And then as far as for the thermostat for the heating element, which in your machine is called the magnetron, is located just on the side of the magnetron. The magnetron looks like this. Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeGFnvyncMk

The link above is to a video showing you how to remove and replace the magnetron in a similar machine. I know it is not the same model as yours but almost all magnetrons are the same and this video will give you a good idea for what the mag looks like in your machine. And where it is located.

Measure the continuity of that thermostat and the thermostat behind the control panel. And if either one doesn't have continuity then replace them.

The magnetron should it be bad will cost about $100-150 so if that is bad as well you will be into this machine for at least $200-$300 with door switches and magnetron. If this is something you would rather not sink that kind of money into Thenthat is fine. Just get a newer more energy efficient one like a whirlpool or GE. Should be bale to get a good one for about $200-$300.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jon, I have not had the time this week to review your previous comments. I'll take some time today and reply.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Sophia,

No worries. I will always be here for you fro when you need me. Whenever you have time to look at the microwave and check the things I told you to check is good.

If you have any other questions or concerns please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jon. Unfortunately, I have no update to report.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Ok. No worries. Just get back to me here if you need me again.

Thanks.