Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have an LG DLG0452w dryer and it will not heat up. Ive

I have an LG DLG0452w dryer and it will not heat up. I've cleaned out all the venting, removed the drum and vacuumed all lint from inside the unit. So far I have replaced the igniter, and the flame sensor.
The dryer will run, igniter will glow, and the gas will burn for 2-3 seconds and then the flame goes out. after about a minute it will try to re-light, but only stays lit for 2-3 seconds. The unit is 4 years old. thanks
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Ok bill, If you are absolutely sure the airflow is good then your problem will be with the coils on the valve, one of them is shorting when the valve fires up, when it cools down it's shorting again.

So long as you have completely cleaned the vent (air system) then the valve is your problem Bill.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So how do I go about fixing the valve?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So how do I go about fixing the valve? Is it something that can be cleaned or fixed, or does it need to be replaced?

You would need to replace it, unfortunately LG don't supply the valves separate.

You'd need to shut the gas off then it's held in with a couple of screws and the pipe hook up, You would need some pipe dope from home depot.

Sorry it's not better news Bill :(

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

any idea where to purchase? should I just call a repair man?

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.