Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Riccar 8650 upright. I ran over the cord. I ordered a new

Riccar 8650 upright. I ran over the cord. I ordered a new cord and it has arrived. Need step by step how to replace power cord on Riccar 8650.

Jon :

hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX i can help you today. sorry for the delayed response but i just logged on now and saw your question. Usually it doesn't take this long to get an answer to a question.

Jon :

Now, to replace the power cord on your vacuum please look at the end of the cord that goes into the vacuum. And turn the vacuum around so that you can see the back of the vacuum.

Jon :

just above the accessory attachment opening you will see the handle area for the vacuum. and on the handle area there will be one screw. remove that screw and remove the cover to the handle.

Jon :

with the cover off you should see the end of the cord that goes into the vacuum. Which will be two to three wires. with vacuumed unplugged remove the wires taking note of where they are located first. Then replace with the new cord.

Jon :

just replace the handle and screw and you should be good to go.

Jon :

Please get back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns and I will help you more.

Jon :

Please also remember to rate my performance positively belwo this chat now with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions after rating me positively please come back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

Thanks again and please let me know how you do.

Jon :

here is a copy of the user manual if you need it. look it over it will show you where the cord is coming into the vacuum and where you will need to remove the screw to get to the end of the cord.

Jon :

just click on the image below to open and view the manual.

Jon :

please feel free to get back to me here again at any time and I will help you more.

Customer:

That's helpful but it doesn't say how to replace the vacuum electrical cord.

Jon :

all you have to do to replace the cord is remove the cover like i say above.

Jon :

just remove the cover and the screws to it. you will then see the cord end that is in the vacuum. then with power off to the vacuum, remove the cord from the vacuum. to do that you need to pull the wired ends of the leads it is connected to on the vacuum side.

Jon :

do you have the vacuum opened yet? if you did you would see exactly what I am talking about. it is not hard to do.

Jon :

just open the back of the vacuum like i mention above and you will see exactly what i am talking about and how to remove and replace the cord.

Customer:

OK, I'll work on it later today and report back.

Jon : Ok. I'll be here. Just get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns.
Jon : Please also remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating. And I you still have more questions or concerns please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.
Jon : Thanks
Customer:

I removed that screw and nothing happens. More screw must need to come out to remove anything

Customer:

Is there a trick to removing the handle cover or more screws holding it on?

Jon :

if there was nothing behind the hand then yes, you have a model where you will need to remove the three or so screws behind the handle to get to the plug.

Jon :

so please again, remove the handle just behind the end of the cord to the vacuum on the back side. Just above where the tools are on back. Then with the handle off if you dont see the other end of the cord you will need to remove the other screws to the back of the vacuum. Then when done this will give you access to the cord that is inside the vacuum.

Jon :

if you still dont see where I am talking about please take a look at the manual i sent to you. And on the back of the vacuum towards the top they will show the handle and the area behind it that has the screws on it that need to be removed.

Jon :

And if that doesn't help please get back to me here and I will help you more.

Customer:

OK, I'll try again probably tonight. The problem is, that one screw doesn't do anything, nothing comes off when it is removed. I'll try removing the screws on the other side of the vacuum at about the same height at the one screw.

Jon :

yes, please do so. remove the screws in and around the front and back of where the power cord comes into the vacuum. This will give you access to the cord and from there you will see how to remove and replace it.

Jon :

Please get back to me here again if you have any other trouble or questions.

Jon :

thanks.

Dave,

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Should you have any other questions or concerns please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.