Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

On of the burners of my Bosch sealed burner gas range is stuck

On of the burners of my Bosch sealed burner gas range is stuck in the Low position and cannot be turned up - or off. This just happened on Saturday morning. Will I be forced to turn off the gas to the whole appliance until next week or is there some way to fix this? I have taken off the knob, it doesn't seem to be the problem, the stem won't turn.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So I'm afraid to say that your gas valve has seized up. You will need to turn the gas off to the entire appliance. If you need to use the cooktop in the mean time, you can light the front burner that won't turn off and use the other burners to cook, but that valve with the stem needs to be replaced. You can't take the valve apart to try to un-jam the internals because it will result in the valve leaking once you put the valve back together I'm afraid.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!