Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

wbvh5300k0ww. The washing machine will power on and a load

wbvh5300k0ww. The washing machine will power on and a load cycle can be selected but will not start when the start button is pressed. I suspect there could be something with the door lock because the door broke and I replaced the gray plastic frame (P/N WH46X10167). It seems to click with a satisfying thud and close just fine. Is there something else I should be looking for? Something I should try? The water lines are on and not kinked. The drain hose is good. I cleaned the pump filter. How do I get this thing to run again without investing another $200+ in it? Thank you!

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

If the door lock broke why did you replace the door frame?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The door frame was broken. This is a located at a rental condo. I suspect one of their kids hung on it - breaking the door frame. I don't know if the door lock is broken. How do I test this? It seems to close with a confident thud. Thank you.

Do you any type of click when you press the start button?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. I don't hear a click when I press the start button. Good question. Since I'm not familiar with this washing machine I didn't know to expect a click when the start button is pressed. So, does this suggest a door lock needs to be replaced? If so, I'm assuming the locking mechanism is on the washing machine side and not the door itself, correct?

The door lock they use on this model is almost identical to Maytag, Whrilpool and many others, they have a high failure rate, the number one thing that breaks on them is the button that sticks out above the hole where the latch goes into breaks off. do you know if that little button is still there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, I'm not onsite at the property to check the washer. I'll be there later today but it will be a couple hours. Is this the part number for a new door lock? WH10X10006 By asking about the button, are you suggesting that the button can be repaired without having to purchase a replacement door lock? I appreciate your help.

I am 95% sure that the door lock is broken, even if the button is broken off it cannot be repaired and need to replace the entire lock assembly. You are correct in the part number for the door lock, I have replaced so many of these locks that I keep them in stock for GE, WHirlpool, and Maytag...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Chas. You've been very helpful. I'm off to find WH10X10006. Can you suggest where I can get one quickly and cheaply?

Do you have any appliance part house's around your location?
The 3 part numbers below are what you can use, they are identical so find the cheapest price you can. you can find them for under $50 if you look.

GE/Whirlpool/Kenmore/Maytag Front Load Washer Door Lock/Latch Assembly Identified by Part #WH10X10006 (GE) / 8182634 (Whirlpool) / 34001265 (Maytag).