Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Magic Chef dual beverage cooler refrigerator (model

I have a Magic Chef dual beverage cooler refrigerator (model MCWBC77DZC). It's a few years old. Within the last month it won't maintain a cold temperature. I noticed the cooling fan had become blocked by ice. I pulled it out and let it thaw out then cleaned it all up. That lasted less than a week before it iced up and the temperature rose. What's causing the ice buildup? What can I do to prevent it from happening again to keep the refrigerator working properly?
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok

Sorry I don't have the info on this model. I'll opt out and someone else will pick this up. thanks, Bryan

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! That unit is designed to be self defrosting. The fans should run to circulate air without the compressor running. That apparently is not happening. Since the fans work, that means the main control PCB is not doing what it needs to do to keep the ice away. The main PCB will likely need to be replaced and is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control Board <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sounds like a plan. Is this something I can do myself as a competent tinkerer?

Oh sure, that board is mounted by the compressor and everything will simply unplug and plug in.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!