Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

hi i have a samsung model #dv218agb/xaa my problem is when

hi i have a samsung model #dv218agb/xaa my problem is when i start the dryer it does nohing. the timer counts down but the tumbler does not spin ive checked the belt and its fine any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the timer still counts down, then the dryer thinks that the belt isn't attached. Now you said that you checked the belt and it's not broken so you'll need to get down to the motor and check the belt switch next to the motor. This switch gets depressed when the tensioner pulley has tension on it. If the switch still works and has continuity when the switch is pressed, your main relay control board would need to be ordered and replaced because it's not reading the switch properly.