Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

ge pss25sgna bs fridge not working

ge pss25sgna bs fridge not working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Are there any sounds coming from your refrigerator like it is running?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX have or know someone who has a volt meter or a test light?

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Great, give me a few minutes to upload an image, review your parts diagrams and type...Around 5 minutes.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have light on. the fan does not come on

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
FIrst thing, unplug the refrigerator and leave it unplugged for 10 minutes. This is the reset for the control board in your refrigerator. It may reset and start operating. If it does then that will be all you need to do.

If it does not go around back and in the area of the fan about a foot or so above that on the wall is a cover. UNPLUG the refrigerator and remove that cover.

There is a circuit board there and that is the board that controls all of the components in your refrigerator. Remove that cover and then plug in the refrigerator.

Set your meter above 120 volts ac and put the black lead to the shiny metal and leave it there. Click the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page. There is arrowed the connector to test. Rotate through the connections on that connector. There should be power on at least 2 of them. If you find power on only one that board is not sending power out and has failed.

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK

The fans and compressor are all controlled by this board. If this board has failed to turn on a part and if there is only power on the 1 connector. That means that the board is bad.

Do not let the looks of this board intimidate you. You can change this part, the connections only fit where they belong. It other words if you have a 3 connection wire connector then there is only 1 place for that to go on the board. The connectors only fit where they belong.

There will be an instruction sheet that comes with the part. I have looked up your model and for your refrigerator you will only follow the intructions to step 2. All of the other instructions apply to other model refrigerators. I have the part linked just below.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WR55X10942/1531075?RCAID=1000064

If you have any questions please ask. If not then please leave a rating for me. My service is what you are rating, it is for me personally and does not pertain to site issues.

Thank you,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have power on the bottom lag but no power on the top two

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
That is power in but the board is not sending power out. That is the bad part.

Please ask if you have questions.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.