Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

On normal clean cycle the unit stops at 44 minutes and just

On normal clean cycle the unit stops at 44 minutes and just sits there. The soap dispensor has emptied and dishes appear to be clean. I cancel and it drains the water. I then run a Rinse Only cycle and that appears to work.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When the dishwasher stops, does it just stop the timer but it will drain every 15 minutes or so and then fill and keep washing at the same point? Or does it just sit there and do nothing? Also, do you have a model number located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door by chance?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model # XXXXX XXXXX It appears to just sit there with the 44 on the timer. If I open the door and then close and restart some times it will make a humming noise and some times not. In either event it does not complete the cycle.

OK so you're not even hearing the circulation motor run then at that time correct? Does it wash with the water prior to the 44 minute mark or is it just counting down and doing nothing but filling?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does go through the wash cycle. The Pump makes a lot of noise and I do know how to clean out that area and will try it for the noise but want to find out if the timer stopping is repairable, and not going to cost more then a new unit.

OK perfect. This can be caused for two reasons, either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged or debris like glass is hitting it for some reason and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

CLICK HERE

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the pump and motor if you wanted to do that

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!