Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

We have a Bosch dishwasher # XXXXX When we do not

We have a Bosch dishwasher # XXXXX When we do not use the dishwater for along period of time, the water line into the unit clogs and must be cleared. This is an easy thing to do that takes only a few minutes but I do not know how to do it. I took the cover off the bottom of the unit but I do not know what to do next. How do I clear the water line into the unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

You would need to shut the water supply off then disconnect the water line from the inlet valve, Once disconnected you would need to clear the screen just inside the inlet valve where the water supply hooks up.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there some sort of diagram that I can view since I do not know what these parts look like and I need alittle more to go on.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes Give me a second to see if I can find something for you :)
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Ok Debbie the part you are going to be looking for is part 10.

graphic

I would like to earn your highest rating Debbie, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do I have to pull the bottom out or is it right in the front when the cover is off? I see a similar valve in the front that is attached to some sort of silver hose but I am not sure if this is it.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes the valve is the part you see is the one with the silver hose connected, Shut the water off then disconnect the silver hose :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you stay online while I try this in case I need more assistance?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes Ill be here all day Debbie.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I disconnected the line, how do I clean the screen since I cannot remove it from the unit?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If you cant see inside to the screen, shut the breaker off, Disconnect the rubber pipe that is on the other end of the valve, Disconnect the wire harness then unscrew the valve anti clock wise, When it is off you can pull it right out and clean the screen.

When you put it back you will need to use some teflon tape to wrap around the thread before you re install the valve. If you don't have any teflon tape you can get it from the plumbing section of home depot or lowes.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since I am not handy I would be a bit concerned about doing that. A bit over my head.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

It's not easy :( that's why most people pay me to do it for them Debbie.

Perhaps your husband can do it if you print my instruction off :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.