Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

MAYTAG MODEL MDE3500AYW not heating up. I have replaced the

MAYTAG MODEL MDE3500AYW not heating up. I have replaced the heating element and the hi-temp thermostat but dryer still doesn't heat up. Help?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look the model number up please.
Thanks Henry, when you say the high temp stat do you mean the small part on the side of the tube where the heater is located?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, it is mounted with 2 screws on the outside of the heat element tube.

Ok Henry, Your likely problem is the thermal fuse, This is mounted to the blower housing and looks like this.

graphic

Pull the wires off the thermal fuse then tape the terminals together, Plug the machine back in then start it on a 30 minute timed cycle, if as I suspect the unit heats then the thermal fuse will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating Henry, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.