Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi Larry, We bought a Kitchenaid refrigerator in February of

Hi Larry, We bought a Kitchenaid refrigerator in February of 2011 Model # XXXXX French Dorr wih a bottom freezer.
About 3 months after we received it, it started making a crackling sound and it has been doing this ever since.
It's almost as if someone is crinkling a piece of paper faintly in the background, I guess we just got used to it.
Now in the last week we have some new noises, it sounds like an ice maker is operating int he unit now.
We don't have an ice maker and then occasionally we hear a thumping sound like someone is kicking the side of the refrigerator.
Any Ideas ???
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. I'm sorry to inform you that Larry has passed away unfortunately. May I be of assistance ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't see what additional info. you are asking for ??

Okay well looking at what your telling us is going on its the sealed system unfortunately and would need to be checked by an HVAC tech. the sealed system is part of the compressor system and Freon, most likely you have a partial blockage in the system. the thumping is when the Freon doesn't flow freely. you will need a tech to check that. sorry for the bad news.