Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

ice maker door will not close, a small black part that attaches

ice maker door will not close, a small black part that attaches to a spring fell out, how do I open front to reattach?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model #ED5VHEXVQ04

OK so this ice chute flap door has been completely re-designed because often times the black plastic hinge or bracket breaks and needs to be replaced. So below is a link to the new kit if you remove the front face and find anything broken. The kit comes with instructions.

CLICK HERE for kit

As for how to remove the front face of the dispenser so that you can look around the dispenser to see what might be wrong, below is a video that shows you how to remove the front face of the dispenser.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!