Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kitchenaid KUDD03DTWH2 double drawer dishwasher and

I have a kitchenaid KUDD03DTWH2 double drawer dishwasher and after install the doors won't stay shut during a run cycle. Unit is level and I don't see any obstructions keeping the doors from closing. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Okay they had issue's with these machines. the catch is faulty. now I recommend replacing both the catch and the Door Strike , Door StrikeNNN-NN-NNNNMain Product View here are the links to the parts. Catch and heres the Door Strike I have heard of people calling Kitchenaid and they have sent the parts for free so try that first.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Where are these located? I don't see them on my unit

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
Oh sorry I brought up the wrong diagram and part. heres yours. Door Latch W10162499       Main Product View its part number 1 on this diagram. here the link to that . Latch kit
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok I have located it, would that cause the drawer to not completely shut? The bottom drawer stickes out about 1/8" more than the top but the latch seems to be moving the same as the top.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
have you checked the rails to make sure there not a screw that's come out or is loose ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No loose screws, the drawer will go all the way back when manually pushed in but pops out 1/8" if constant pressure is not held on it

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay well that seems like my original answer is whats going on, the latch is supposed lock it in place once you close it. the latches should be the same can you switch them to see if it works?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The door now shuts so ill order a new latch for the bottom and hopefully the next time I run it the problem will be fixed. Thanks for your help

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
your very welcome , have a great holiday weekend and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.